Best Way to Turn on Bluetooth on Windows 10: If you have a laptop you may have Bluetooth technology implemented in it. In this tutorial, we show you how to activate Bluetooth on Windows 10. We teach you how to use this technology and get the most out of wireless transfers between your devices.
Currently, the wireless devices have evolved a lot and with them the technology of data exchange between them. In this area, Bluetooth exchange technology has also evolved, reaching its version 5 up to 5120 kbps. These are really high transfer speeds, plus they come together with lower battery consumption and a longer range.
So in this article, we show you the best way to turn the Bluetooth on Windows 10 and how to test them. Let’s check the complete process of doing it. Continue Reading…
Active Bluetooth on Windows 10
First of all, let’s check on our device if we have Bluetooth activated. For this, we go to the lower right of the taskbar. It will display the active tasks by clicking on the arrow pointing upwards.
If we do not see the Bluetooth icon here, it can mean two things:
First: That we do not have a Bluetooth device in our team. To check if we have Bluetooth, go to Start and type “Device Manager”. Click on the icon that appears and check the list if we have this device.
Second: That we have the device, but its service is not active. Again on Home, we type “Services” and access them.
- Among all the list that appears, we will have to search for “Bluetooth compatibility service“.
- Click on the service with a right click and select “Properties“
- In the “Start type” tab we will choose the Automatic option
- Click on the start button
Once this is done, we have already achieved that the Bluetooth service is active every time we start our equipment.
Turn on Data Exchange
Now it turns to activate the data exchange.
- On Home, we type “Bluetooth“
- We chose the option “Configuration of Bluetooth and other devices“
- Click on the button under “Bluetooth” to activate it.
- We chose the option “more Bluetooth options” in the options that appear on the right side of the window. If they do not appear, we will extend the window if necessary to show us these additional options.
- Activate the “show the Bluetooth icon in the notification area” box if it is deactivated.
- Optionally we can activate the other options if we want other devices to see our equipment
We will have in our taskbar the icon that shows that Bluetooth is active. We just have to connect other devices and we can transfer files between them Easily.
Connection with Other Devices
Once the Bluetooth operation in our computer is active, we will proceed to connect it with another device to send and receive files. The first thing we have to do is activate the Bluetooth of the other device. In this case, we will use an Android Smartphone.
- We will go to the settings menu of the phone and enter the Bluetooth section.
- Activate Bluetooth. We realize that the phone will be visible while we are on this screen. So other devices can see our phone.
- Next, we choose “search” and the name of our computer will appear in the list of found devices.\
- We click on the name of the computer to link both devices.
- Now, both on our computer and on the phone, two request windows will appear to make the connection.
- We will only have to accept in both windows in a short space of time so that they are connected.
- We will already have connected and linked devices. If we go back to the Bluetooth configuration panel (remember, start -> configuration -> devices), now our Smartphone will appear in the list as “paired”.
Now we can send and receive files from devices without problems.
- Bad system config info windows 10
- Best Project Management Applications
- Export Chrome Bookmarks easy way
- Apps for Blind People to Download right now
Tests to be Carried Out
To send or receive files, we only have to click on the Bluetooth icon in the taskbar and choose the option “Receive a file” or “Send a file”.
Receive a File to Windows from Smartphone
Let’s try to receive a file from our Smartphone:
- We chose the option “Receive a file” and our computer will be ready to receive the incoming files.
- Now choose any file from our phone and we give the option to send it through Bluetooth.
- We will come up with a series of options. We choose the Bluetooth and click on the name of the computer to send it.
- Once the file is sent, our computer will ask us where we want to store it. After this, the transfer will be completed.
Send a File from Windows to Smartphone
To finish we will also try to send a file from our computer to the Smartphone:
- Open the Bluetooth options menu and click on “Send file”
- In the window that appears, we choose our Smartphone and we give it to next.
- If the “next” button is not activated, it is because both devices are not linked. In that case, read the previous section where it explains how to link them.
- We will only have to choose the file to send and give it to next.
- To accept the transfer we must now go to our telephone and accept it. This must be done in a short space of time. Since once exhausted, the transfer will be canceled.
Using the Bluetooth of our computer is quite simple, as long as we know where we need to go. Have you tried transferring files via Bluetooth? We hope that this tutorial on Activate Bluetooth on Windows 10 has been useful.
Hence, we have shown you the best way to turn on Bluetooth on Windows 10 easily. We have shown you how to pair with other devices and at the same time How to send & receive files in windows. We hope you like this article and willing to share the article with friends and families. Feel free to ask your questions in the comment box below. Stay tuned to techoo for more awesome articles.