Turn Off Windows Defender: Windows Defender is the antivirus included in Windows and it is very useful and recommendable to have it active, but sometimes it can be useful to disable it temporarily. Today we will see how to disable Windows Defender protection in Windows 10 and 8 as well.
This can be useful if the antivirus is interfering with another installation or if you are convinced that it is giving false positives. Windows only allow you to disable the antivirus for a certain time, then it activates itself again.
So in this article, we will show you the exact step by step process to turn off the windows defender. Just do as per the process is shown below in the article.
Improvement in Windows Defender in Windows 10
Windows Defender has also inherited the bad reputation of its predecessor Microsoft Security Essentials. Microsoft integrated Windows Defender in Windows 8 and since then has not stopped evolving and improving its performance. But it has done so discreetly that the end user has hardly noticed changes in new functions or interface level.
With the arrival of Windows 10, the dark times of Security Essentials are already far away and during this time it has achieved some certifications of effectiveness in detecting threats, such as that granted by independent organizations such as AV-Test, which prove the evolution of this tool. Now let’s check the step by step process to disable windows defender in windows.
Steps to Turn Off Windows Defender
Now let’s check the step by step process to turn off the windows defender easily.
- The first step is to go to Windows Settings. You can do this with the Windows + I keyboard shortcut from the Start Menu and by clicking on the gear icon or from the Windows search bar that is to the right of the start button and typing Windows Defender.
- Within the Windows Settings, click on Update and security.
- Click on the Security and Windows tab. Then click on the Open Windows Defender Security Center button. Windows Defender and its security center will open in a window from where you can deactivate it.
- Unless you have disabled the firewall or something. You will see all the icons in green indicating that everything is in order, but not for a long time when you deactivate the Windows Defender antivirus protection, its icon will turn red. For now, click Antivirus and Threat Protection.
- On this screen, you will see a brief summary of the latest analysis that Windows Defender has done. Click on Antivirus Settings and Threat Protection, below.
- Now you can deactivate Windows Defender’s real-time protection by switching the switch to Off.
As indicated in the explanatory text, the Windows antivirus will be deactivated. Yes, but only for a short period of time. Then it will activate itself again.
- Best android interval timer
- How to turn on Bluetooth in windows 10
- How to get all snapchat trophies
- Google change default account
Hence, we have shown you the step by step process to turn off windows defender in any version of windows. We hope it has helped you to turn it off easily. Feel free to ask your questions in the comment box below. We will try to solve all your queries as soon as possible. Share the article and help others to turn off as well. Stay tuned to Techoo for more awesome articles.