Fix Phone Connected to Wifi But No Internet: The problem of WiFi without internet on Android is very common. Sometimes, although it seems that your phone is connected to a wireless network. But you can not really see web pages, check your email, use WhatsApp or any other application that works with the internet.
Researching a bit I could find some methods to solve this problem in which Android connects to WiFi but does not give access to the Internet. The majority requires making manual adjustments to the device or the Router. But we also wanted to cover all the possibilities by adding some of the best applications to repair the WiFi in Android.
My Android Connects to WiFi but There is No Internet
Now, before you start testing solutions to repair the Internet on Android, it is important to first make sure that it is a problem with your phone and not with the Internet connection or the Router. Then connect a computer or other mobile device to the WiFi network you want to use and if you can access the Internet without a problem, then you have to check the phone. Otherwise, you will have to check your Internet connection.
The steps which you should follow to solve this problem WiFi without Internet on Android are as follows
Solution 1 – Forget WiFi Network
- Click on “Settings”, then on “WiFi” and then press and hold the name of the network. Press then on “Forget”.
- After this, restart your phone and preferably your modem. Then try to connect to WiFi again.
Solution 2 – Advanced WiFi configuration
- Access Settings then click on WiFi and if you are connected to the network click on it. Then choose to Forget.
- Now select your WiFi network again, enter the password and then click on “Show advanced options“.
- Right there, scroll down to IP Configuration and select “Static” instead of DHCP.
- Now, in the “IP Address” field. You must enter the IP address that you want to assign to your phone.
- Usually, if your modem or router has an address of type 192.168.0.1.3. You can assign an IP address in the range 192.168.0.2 to 192.168.0.254.
- In the “Access” field you must enter the IP address of your router, which is usually 192.168.0.1, 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.254.
- In “Network prefix length“, the value that is normally used is 24
- Finally, in DNS 1 and DNS 2 fields, (primary and secondary DNS servers). You can use Google Public DNS: 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168, respectively.
- Finally, click on « Connect » and check if you already have the internet on your Android.
Solution 3 – Check the Time and Date
- Check that the time and date of your phone are correct, as well as the time zone of your modem or router.
- It even checks in the Router that the selected region is the indicated one. That is, be sure to select your country since an incorrect configuration could cause interference.
- Android camera not working
- How to appear offline on whatsapp android
- Best rainmeter skins
- How to know if someone blocked you on Whatsapp
Solution 4 – Remove the phone’s battery
- While your phone is on, remove the battery and leave it that way for 30 seconds.
- Then replace the battery and try to connect to the Internet.
Solution 5 – Configure the wireless mode
- Access the configuration of your modem from any web browser and then enter the wireless section (Wirelesss).
- Test then between 802.11b, 802.11g and 802.11b + g + n wireless modes.
- A configuration that works in most cases is “Mode: 11bgn mixed / Channel: Auto”.
- With this, you can connect your Android phone to the Internet even with a dynamic IP configuration.
Solution 6. Restart your modem
- Restarting the modem is another thing you can do to repair WiFi on Android. This often helps to solve Internet connection problems.
- You only have to disconnect the power cable of the modem and wait 30 seconds or 1 minute to later reconnect the device.
- You can take the modem a few minutes to re-establish the network connection. So you have to wait a bit and once ready, check that the Internet is working properly.
Solution 7: If Nothing Works
Reset the phone can also be an option to repair the WiFi in Android. However, before reaching these instances, be sure to try the solutions already mentioned.
Hence, We have provided all the troubleshooting steps to solve Phone Connected to Wifi But No Internet. We hope you like the article and it has helped you to solve your problem. Do not forget to share your experience and if you know another way to solve the problem of WiFi without Internet on Android, do not hesitate to share it with us. Stay tuned to Techkify for more tutorials and guides.
Hey Guys, I am Samuel! Tech Freek & Gadget Lover. Would love to write on Tech happenings, How to Guides & Product Reviews. I cant saty without Food & Travelling 😛