WhatsApp messenger is the most used and famous messaging application for smartphones. WhatsApp Messenger is currently developed by Facebook Inc. and they keep on integrating several new features. The newest addition feature on the WhatsApp Messenger is the WhatsApp lock. Currently, WhatsApp lock feature is available on iPhone and will eventually roll out to all the other supported platforms around the globe.
According to WhatsApp messenger beta users in the iOS platform, they have enabled toggle to activate WhatsApp lock using Face ID and Touch Id. WhatsApp messenger beta is currently on the version 2.19.20 for iPhone, this version or above is having the face ID lock feature. WhatsApp Messenger beta can be downloaded from App Store of the iPhone but you need to be enrolled in the WhatsApp beta program.
Must Read: Whatsapp on iPad
WhatsApp beta program is currently full and no new users can avail for the beta program in both iOS and Android platform. In this article, we will provide you a guideline to successfully enable this face ID and touch id feature in WhatsApp Messenger for iPhone.
Guide to enable WhatsApp Messenger Authentication for iPhone:
Use this following guideline to enable the authentication in WhatsApp Messenger for iPhone. Read the instructions carefully before you enable this authentication feature in your iOS device.
- Currently WhatsApp Messenger Beta is having this feature, so you need to opt for WhatsApp messenger beta program before you can use this feature. Although this feature will be eventually rolled out as the official version of the WhatsApp Messenger.
- First, you need to visit the app store of your iPhone and search for “TestFlight” keyword.
- After the installation of the TestFlight application is completed in your iPhone, you need to tap on the link provided below of this article to opt for the WhatsApp messenger beta program for iPhone.
- Once you have opted for the WhatsApp messenger beta program, you need to launch the TestFlight application in your iPhone.
- Now you will get to see the WhatsApp messenger beta application in the TestFlight application for iPhone.
- Tap on the accept option and install the WhatsApp beta application in your iPhone. In case you are already using the official version of the WhatsApp Messenger, then it will ask you to update the WhatsApp messenger to the latest WhatsApp messenger beta version.
- After the installation of the WhatsApp messenger beta or the update of the WhatsApp Messenger official to the WhatsApp beta is completed, launch the WhatsApp Messenger in your iPhone.
- Now go to the Settings > Account > Privacy > Screen Lock > Enable Face Id for Face Id supported iPhone/ Enable Touch Id for Fingerprint sensor supported iPhone.
- Now you need to select the time period of the Authentication activation after you enable the toggle.
- You can choose the time between Immediately, After 1 Minute, After 15 Minutes or After 1 Hour.
- Now your WhatsApp messenger will require an authentication medium to unlock it in your iPhone. Authentication medium will either be face ID or Touch Id.
Securing your messaging service is one of the most wanted features for the smartphone community. We have collected complete information about the authentication feature in the WhatsApp Messenger for iPhone from the WhatsApp` messenger beta community, and also from the various WhatsApp Messenger beta app users. We have also provided the guidelines to successfully enable the authentication feature in WhatsApp Messenger for iPhone. Share this informative article with other WhatsApp users, so that they can also add an extra layer of security in their WhatsApp messenger application.