There are a lot of reasons due to which an iPhone is sometimes disabled. It maybe due to a small child who has tried to fidget with your phone, or a password which was entered incorrectly multiple times, or maybe it has happened due to sensitive touch on your phone screen when your phone was placed in the pocket.
The next thing which you see is the error code ‘iPhone is disabled’. This is one of the most frequent thing that happens to a new iOS user as well. It is because the iOS uses stringent protection and security systems to avoid any kind of hampering and trivial harm done to the phone. At first, you might be confused on how to deal with it. But, the truth is it ain’t that difficult either. In this article, we have compiled a list of different methods which can be used to resolve this error.
Image source- http://3u.com.
The error code gives you a maximum of 10 chances to enter the correct password. If you fail in all the 10 attempts, you will see an error called ”iPhone is disabled, Connect to iTunes”. There may also be a possibility in the worst case that the iPhone wipes out all of its data due to automatic ‘Self-Destruction’ mode. If you are someone who has a hard time with numbers, it is always advisable to use the Touch ID or Face Recognition Feature instead. The other methods which works perfectly well are-
Must Read: Download iTunes on Windows 10
Connecting your iPhone to iTunes.
This method will help you to easily restore the iPhone data back to your iPhone. The steps include-
- Connect your iPhone to the PC or the device where you have synced your phone.
- Open the iTunes application and connect the iPhone.
- Wait till the backup procedure starts.
- After its completion, click on ‘Restore Data’ on your iPhone screen.
- The last step is to select your device in the iTunes application and initiate the restoration procedure.
If this method doesn’t work maybe because you have synced your device to iTunes yet , then the best method suited for you is the Recovery Mode.
How to Fix the iPhone using Recovery Mode.
This procedure works smoothly if the instructions are followed well. It is one of the best methods used to wipe out the iPhone data and restore it to the original version.
- Connect your iPhone to iTunes in your computer or laptop.
- For iPhone X, iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 plus- Press and release the volume button up quickly. Then, press and release the volume button down quickly. At the end, keep on pressing the side button until the recovery mode screen appears on your iPhone.
- For iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 plus- Simultaneously press and hold the Side and the Volume Button Down until you see the Recovery Mode on your screen.
- For iPhone 6s and lower versions, iPad etc- Press and hold the Home and the Side buttons at the same till Recovery Mode gets activated.
- The next step is to click on ‘Restore’.
- Now, allow the iTunes to setup the operating system on your device. Make sure your iPhone is fully charged before this procedure otherwise you will have to repeat the same thing again if your phone turns off in the middle of the process.
Fix your iPhone with the help of Unlock Tool.
This method is least tried but can be used to unlock your device if you still haven’t reached the 10th time to re-enter your password. You simply have to download an Unlock Tool from the iStore which will come in handy when your device gets locked in its extreme sense.