GarageBand is a popular music application which is exclusively available for iOS.It allows you to play virtual Piano, Drums, Violin and Guitar which also allows music production and editing. So, basically, it is used to create you own music on your iPhone or on Mac. The application has a user-friendly interface which allows you to work freely without any additional disturbances here and there. You can also create different mixes of the song just like the DJs do it.
The features of GarageBand include-
- Seamless editing of video and audio.
- Allows you to record, play, edit and share the music across social media.
- You have a range of acoustic and electronic drum options to choose from.
- It also includes different types of effects, repeaters,amplifiers, filters and vinyl scratching as a part of the song.
- Option to use a virtual keyboard or the physical one connected to your PC.
- You can also have loops for the songs input and set-up like the DJ Remix etc.
- Allows backup on iCloud to save your tracks.
- Allows recording of an audio with live instrumental background.
- User-friendly and intuitive surface.
- Allows you to create unlimited soundtracks.
- All of this is available for free.
This amazing music platform is originally developed by iOS for Apple Users only. However, there are certain way by which one can install GarageBand for Windows on their PC as well. The most rational and direct way is to set the application up with the help of an emulator.
An emulator is a software that allows a person to run and install the applications available in the PlayStore ( Apple/ Google) on the computer medium. It acts as a receptacle to get the benefits on a larger screen. There are various kinds of emulators in the market such as Bluestacks, Gennymotion, KoPlayer etc. However, these emulators are set-up for android based applications. For applications by Apple, you will need iPadian emulator. But, before the download, make sure you Windows PC is equipped with-
- Operating System- Windows 7 or higher.
- Minimum of 4GB RAM.
- Processor- Intel i5 or higher.
- Disk Space- Minimum 2GB.
How to Download GarageBand for Windows
- The primary step is to download ‘iPadian’ emulator in your Windows PC.
- Initiate the launch of the emulator.
- Connect iPadian to the App Store.
- In the search bar, type ‘GarageBand’ and click on ‘Download’.
- The application is ready to use after its download.
Alternatives to Garageband Application:
It is an open source sound production software which acts as a digital audio workstation. Like GarangeBand, LMMS also contains pre-installed instruments and tunes which can be used while recording tracks or jingles. It also includes pre-loaded effects and tracks which can be used as a reference to something you wish to create and share.
2. Music Make Jam
This is another widely used application after GarageBand as it is more popular among the teenagers. This application is directly available in the Windows PlayStore. One can have jovial and non-professional music here as comaped to the one you create in GarageBand. However, the features and the application interface as as professional as other applications.
3. FL Studio
This tool is a complete Digital Audio Workstation and has one of the most user-friendly interfaces which makes even the most complex tasks easier. Whether you are a music junkie or not, you are sure to be glued to this software right from the start. However, given the amazing features, it also comes with a price though. If you are someone who’s serious about producing music, FL Studio can be a great alternative to GarageBand.
There you have it, how to go about downloading GarageBand to your Windows PC and its best alternatives. You can access any of the alternatives mentioned in this article or stick with GarageBand by following the easy steps.