Cisco packet tracer is developed by Cisco team and mainly developed for the purpose of switching, routing, networking, and internet. It basically provides star statistics of the various activities which you perform while connected to the internet or when you are networking.
This application or software is basically meant for an educational purpose and which can be easily installed in the PC. In this article, we will talk about CISCO packet tracer and how to install and use it in your Windows PC.
Features of Cisco Packet Tracer:
These are the key features of the Cisco packet tracer application. Read the features of the Cisco Packet Tracer carefully before installing it in your PC.
- This application allows you to alter the stack and rack problems.
- Cisco packet tracer is having the support of the MQTT protocol.
- Programming tab can be easily installed and uninstalled in the Cisco packet tracer.
- Project formats which are saved are in .pkg format.
- In the Cisco packet tracer, you can easily add rack and tables instantly.
Guide to install Cisco Packet Tracer in your PC:
Use this following guide to successfully download and install Cisco packet tracer software in your Windows PC. Read the instructions carefully before installing this application in your PC.
- Use any web browser in your Windows PC and visit the link provided all of this article to download the installation file of the Cisco packet tracer application.
- From the download page click on the download button to download the Cisco packet tracer exe file in your Windows PC.
- Give it a moment to download the installation file of the Cisco packet tracer in your Windows PC.
- Now go to the download step of the same web browser to get the installation file of the Cisco packet tracer, or you can even visit the downloads folder using the file explorer in your Windows PC to get it.
- Now double click on the installation file of the Cisco packet tracer application to install it in your PC.
- Follow the instructions provided in the screen to successfully install the Cisco packet tracer application in your Windows PC.
- Wait for few minutes to get it completely installed in your Windows PC.
- After the installation is completed you will get to see the shortcut icon in the desktop of your Windows PC.
- Double click on the Cisco packet tracer application from the desktop of your Windows PC to launch it.
- 700MB Free hard drive space required.
- Need to have 2GB of minimum RAM and 4GB of RAM is recommended.
- Pentium 4 (2.5GHz) or above processor is required.
- The sound card is mandatory to use this application.
- The minimum screen resolution should be 1024×768.
- The compatibility of this software is Linux Ubuntu (14.04 64bits or above), Windows 7 or above.
Hence, We have tried to cover up all the details about the Cisco packet tracer and provide them in this article for you. We have also provided the installation guide of the packet tracer along with the key features and the procedure to use it in your Windows PC. Share this informative article with others so that they can also use this application for learning networking and internet.