Most of us use a wireless device connected to or broadband network and use the wireless router to use it in our other devices. Although once you set up your Wi-Fi router it is having no security added by default to your wireless connection. You can set up your Wi-Fi password by configuring the router with your broadband network.
In any case, you want to change your Wi-Fi password, you need to revisit the router webpage in order to change the Wi-Fi password for your wireless network.
Steps to change Wi-Fi Password:
Use this following to successfully changed Wi-Fi password of your Wi-Fi router anytime you like. Note that you can use this following guide in your smartphone or in your PC.
- Turn on your Wi-Fi router and make sure that the WAN cable is connected to your wireless router in order to proceed into the further steps.
- Now you need the IP address of your wireless Wi-Fi router to change your Wi-Fi password. You can find the default IP address of your Wi-Fi router in the official website of the company which makes the Wi-Fi router. All you can Google it by typing in the make and model number of the WI-FI router.
- Now enter that default IP address in any device which is currently connected with the same wireless network of your Wi-Fi router.
- You will get to see the web pages the Wi-Fi router on your screen and it will be asking for the username and password in order to access its settings. you can get the default IP address and the username and password just below the Wi-Fi router.
- Now enter the default username and password in the webpage of your Wi-Fi router in case you haven’t changed it.
- Now you get to see a series of menus in the left-hand side of the screen where you can find the option to change the wireless password or you can also get wireless settings option. The menu and the settings are depending on the settings on the web page of the WI-FI router is depending on the maker and the type of your router.
- now you can change the current Wi-Fi password into a new one and click on the apply button to save the settings to confirm it in your wireless router.
- After you save the settings all the devices which are connected with the wireless connection from the Wi-Fi router will get logged out automatically or even get the authentication error.
- To get connected with the wireless connection of your Wi-Fi router again you need to go to the Wi-Fi tab of your device and forget the current connection and reconnect by entering the new password in order to continue the connection in your device wirelessly.
We have collected various data about the Wi-Fi router and changing the password from its settings and provided them in this article for you. We have given you the complete guide to successfully change the Wi-Fi password. Share this article with other Wi-Fi router users so that they can also get help from this informative article.